Friday, October 15, 2010

Mexico Diaries : Brett Being A Staunch Cunt

This is my travel partners encounter with a local dickhead. obviously he doesn't like to use paragraphs and i couldn't be bothered to edit it. so read ahead, each sentence should get faster and faster 'til your head cant take it anymore. enjoy



It was a weekend and was maximum 3ft, so there we heaps of locals Mexicans out and all the dudes who was hanging for it to get smaller because it was pretty sizey all week. I had be paddling round up and down the beach for at least an hour back and forth trying to get the good waves that I kept seeing on any particular bank. It’s that hot in the water so I got over it pretty quickly and just sat on the main bank and thought ill just wait my turn. I sat further out just waiting for one of the sets, and let the “main local dude” who thinks he’s killing it (in and out of the water) have at least 4-5 waves that I could have easily had and was waiting a decent time for. But I really couldn’t be bothered hassling and you don’t want to piss the locals of when you have a months stay in Mexico, word travels quickly. Was only the day after I heard about a group of Aussie east coast kids got there heads punched in by heavy locals the day they got to Puerto over and incident that happened 5 hours away at a different spot. Anyway I assumed I had let enough through that my turn was up, sure enough a nice right hand set started rolling through seeing that the bigger one was behind the first I gunned it over the back not snaking anyone. Spun round started paddling for it and then I see the “main local dude” gunning it across my line as if he wanted to take the left which I thought he was keen for, but nah he paddled pass me calling out what ever the fuck he was on about, and as I took off he did too right behind me calling me off. Fuck id never usually burn anyone, and I got no problem with local respect, but nah he was just being a toss and my anger kicked in and I burnt him.
Wave was shit anyway, only went so he didn’t think he could have any wave off me haha. So I pulled off after the bottom turn and first pump on the wave. Seeing the Mexican rode the rest of the wave in I was curious to see what was about to happen when he met me out the back thinking of what typical dropping in excuse I could come up with (there’s plenty). Pretty much as soon as he pulled of the back he’s was calling me out in broken English in front of the whole line up at the top of his lungs “OI WHERE YOU FROM” I was like oh shit, glad im not a seppo (American, which I only just found out this trip is short for septic tank, as in shit talker haha.) I waited till he got closer with his full macho paddle style and said “soy australiano” as I sat up on my board trying not to look like a pussy and backing down. He came up yelling some shit about no more waves for you or you do it again you out of Mexico, I didn’t really understand to much of what he said but he said it paddling pass me without stopping, weakness haha. Straight up I knew what he was trying to do, he knew he had nothing on me being that he snaked me and that I hadn’t paddled over and tried to steal waves straight up. So he was trying to make me look stupid in front of all the locals as if I did some hell gnarly burn on him so everyone would be off me and id get no waves. Pretty much trying to make it something it wasn’t, to scare me out the water and not come back. He was about 5 metres passed me and I paddled behind him calling him back even though he was trying to say its over I don’t want hear what you got to say, because he knew he had nothing. After the 4th time of yelling oi fucking listen to me he turned around and faced me. I was like you paddled straight past me and called me off! Remembering he had shithouse English I knew he didn’t really have much idea what I was on about so I started the hand gestures. I was hell worked up 30 seconds before so explains me chasing after him but then my brain realised the dude was twice the size of me in his supposed hometown, well at least home country. So I started to sway my story into a lie and said that I thought you wanted to go left and when I seen you I pulled off the wave. It took 3 or 4 times of trying to explain that when he stopped arguing and mumbled something in Mexican Spanish. I think he realised I wasn’t going to let it go and have him think he got one up on me in the water. After that he shook my hand and paddled off. Weird.
He lurks around where we are staying heaps, seems ok now but never has a one on one convo with me just smart ass looks and cheeky remarks. Don’t trust any Mexicans!!
Haven’t seen him in the water since, so will be good to see what happens next time we paddle for the same wave.


BRETT BEING A STAUNCH CUNT

1 comments:

Suppression Records said...

Septic Tank-Yank. Aussie rhyming slang.
Hell good. I read "first pump" as "fist pump".

Post a Comment